Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thoughts of a Cyclist- Or maybe it's just me!

As you know, Joel and I are into biking. I normally ride about 24-24.5 miles while he rides 25. We've discussed and decided that it's not the best choice to listen to music while riding. If you have ear phones in, you won't hear what's going on around you- which can be a problem. So what do I do for 1.5-2 hours on a ride???? I THINK! Rambling thoughts cross through my mind. I thought I would share some of things that go through my mind during a ride- particularly last night's ride:

" Alright, I'm keeping up with Joel. -  Oh, Joel's leaving me in the dust again. - I'm keeping a pretty good pace. - Crap, here comes a hill. - BUNNY! - I'm getting tired - I could ride for 45 minutes, then turn around and ride 45 minutes home. - It's a nice day out, not too hot. - Only 3 more minutes to go and I can start heading home. - Well, I'm this close to Rockford, I might as well ride all the way. - Wow, that girl is toned (At this point I start comparing myself to this girl, not "checking her out". She was blonde, tan, and toned. I wish I was as toned as her! Her stomach was so FLAT! I weigh just under 115 lbs- less than I did when I graduated high school- but I carry my fat right in my mid section. Most of my family has a little pouch in front. My new goal is to flatten my stomach- by next summer!) - Finally, Rockford! There goes Joel on his was back, time for me to turn around. - Stupid geese, don't hiss at me. - We really should enjoy the River Walk one of these days. - Wow, I'm at a great pace! 16-17 mph. I must be going slightly downhill. - Another Bunny! - I can't wait to blog about this. - Firefly! - I'm getting tired. - Only 10 miles to go ( I do a lot of math while riding to figure out how many miles or how much ride time I have left). - Wow! 18 mph! - Rogue River Park, only 9 miles left to go. - I hate when cars slow down in front of the bike trail. I'm already stopped, so keep at your speed and drive by already. - Oh great, I hope these people all move to the side when I get near. "On your left". Awesome, they moved. "Thanks!" - How can you roller blade with 2 dogs and stay untangled? That takes skills. - Here's a slight hill. I covered it with a speed of 15 mph. I kicked that hills butt! - I'm really tired. Can't wait to get home! - No cars, woohoo! - Here comes the bigger hill. I crossed that at 12 mph. That's better than the 9 mph on my way out. - We should try the Toucan Irish Pub, it sounds interesting. - Almost to 5th 3rd ballpark. - Darn it, I forgot there was a game tonight. Weaving through traffic is NOT fun. - At the bill board. Almost back to River Side Park. - Turn my flashlight on to get through the woods. - At the park! There are so many interesting things that go on here. Frisbee golf, band groups, fencing, even Hula dancing in grass skirts! - Only a couple of miles left to go! - I gotta push myself so I can increase my average speed! - Only 1 mile left to go! - Home!!!! Finally! Average speed = 14.7 mph, personal best! Way to go me! - I have to write a blog about my random thoughts."

Can you blame a girl? It gets pretty boring out there! Welcome to the thoughts of Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment