Thursday, May 3, 2012

May... Already?!?!?

I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! It's already May!!!! This time last year I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life- married life does that to you. Joel and I decided to get healthy and lose weight together at the end of May. I lost about 24 lbs over the summer and am proud to say that I have kept it off! My next goal is to get toned muscles. To help me in that goal, I will start training for the Tour of the White Pine Trail - a bike tour that goes from Grand Rapids to Cadillac (92 miles) one day and back the next day. That's 184 total miles! I'm not sure if I can handle both days, but my goal is to make at least the 92 miles! I'm really excited and glad that I have until fall to get ready! I have a lot of work ahead of me- my longest ride so far has been about 25 or 26 miles. I think if I go at my own pace, I will be fine- but I have to build up that endurance! Wish me luck and you know that I'll be posting updates on my progress!

3 comments:

  1. Rode 30 miles today! Took my 2 hours, 38 minutes, and 8 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only able to get to 50 miles last year. Maybe this year will be better...

    ReplyDelete