Sunday, March 17, 2013

Busy First Week

This week I started my new job as an Associate Food Technician at Nestle Nutrition. (Gerber) Monday morning I had a Welcome Breakfast with the on-boarding team, HR orientation, Safety tours, and an Innovation Team Meeting (I didn't understand a word of it) that had lunch catered in. Tuesday I had a weekly and monthly team meeting with the core team that I will be working with (still didn't understand a whole lot). I had more safety tours and one on one time with my supervisor. I also had time to look around in the computer a bit and start reading over some procedures and processes. Wednesday I watched other technicians work in the lab for a bit, seeing what they work on and how they do things. I also played around on the computer so more. Thursday I got to help with a process called Heat Penetration testing. It's a way to see how hot a food item has to reach internally to make sure it is safe for consumption. We we're working on a project that is in it's very early stages. This Heat Pens. took up a large portion of the day, along with systems training. Friday I helped finish up the last set of Heat Pens. and read over more processes and procedures. We had a Welcome Kara lunch with my team- that was fun! Throughout the week, my supervisor walked me around to the various "pods" of desks so I can meet my coworkers and see where everyone sits. This week was a little overwhelming, because as soon as we got home on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I had to rush off for class. I was a little late each day, but my teachers are very understanding. I'm trying to cram as much as I can into my little head. There's so much! They keep saying I'll learn over the next 6 months to a year. I sure hope I can learn it faster than that! One of the talents I have been blessed with is the ability to learn quickly. The next 7 weeks will be hectic and stressful, but once I graduated it will be a whole different story. I just have to make it through!

Oh yeah, this coming week I will be in Lansing for Better Process Control School at MSU. That will be another post for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment